Candidate for Radnor Township Commission, 7th Ward
As commissioner, I will be committed to ... Working to preserve and enhance our neighborhoods – one of the biggest reasons folks pick Radnor in which to settle and raise their families. This means seeing through the redevelopment of our Clem Macrone Park – improvements that we’ve advocated for nearly a decade – to benefit the quality of life and add value for all our residents. It also means working to create strong, effective channels of communication and planning to reduce the effects of Villanova’s four-plus years of construction on traffic, safety and our neighborhoods.
I’m committed to providing respect, civility and support of public participation at township meetings, because I’ve participated in many of these meetings and understand its importance. And that’s the first step to maintaining openness and transparency in Township government. I will plan on continuing fiscally smart measures and support enhancement of our open space resources because they help increase property values, health and our quality of life.
I’ve met personally with many neighbors and I pledge to continue communicating with them and responding to their concerns.
Phil’s service experience in Radnor include ...
- Garrett Hill-Rosemont 4th of July Parade Committee, 7 years
- Worked to preserve to preserve and enhance Garrett Hill neighborhoods
- Garrett Hill Coalition, Treasurer, 8 years
- Garrett Hill Steering & Implementation Committees, Vice Chair and Chair, 6 years
- Creation of the Garrett Hill Master Plan and Zoning
- Advocated for major improvements in Clem Macrone Park
- Worked to create long-range plan for 28 miles of new trails connecting Radnor’s open spaces
- Radnor Greenways & Open Space Network Subcommittee, member, 2 years
Personal notes ... Phil is a Radnor resident of 22 years, married with two sons. He works as Marketing Director of a information company, earned his BBA in Management from the University of Notre Dame, and is a U.S. Navy Veteran, honorably discharged, as a Hospital Corpsman. A member of Our Mother of Good Counsel Parish, he has served as president of the Parish Council for the past four years.
“I’ve worked with residents and the Township to help protect our neighborhoods, preserve our businesses and especially to improve our parks. I ask you for the opportunity of continuing to serve our neighborhoods, you and our Township. Please vote on November 3rd.”
Contact Phil: firstname.lastname@example.org